March 11, 2003~April 21, 2009
Maggie was the best dog anyone could ever ask for. She filled a void in our home when we found out we could not have children. She was like our first born child who we loved more than anything.
Yesterday, April 21st 2009, Lee and I had to say our final goodbye to our precious baby girl. She had spent the last week of her life at the Vet Hospital hooked up to an IV due to complications of Pancreatitis. She lost 3 lbs during her stay, and only weighed 11 lbs when she left us so unexpectedly.
Yesterday, April 21st 2009, Lee and I had to say our final goodbye to our precious baby girl. She had spent the last week of her life at the Vet Hospital hooked up to an IV due to complications of Pancreatitis. She lost 3 lbs during her stay, and only weighed 11 lbs when she left us so unexpectedly.
We are so thankful to Dr. Carolyn McGuire, and her loving staff who cared for Maggie in her final days. They were so compassionate and cried with us and told us they had never seen a Min Pin that was as sweet as Maggie. She was in good hands and we will forever be grateful to them.
We are also so thankful to our wonderful friends and family for helping us through this time. You don't know how much it means to us, and we are so blessed to have each of you in our lives.
There is an explanation given as to why dogs live shorter than us. It is simply this...
People are born so that they can learn how to live a good Life-- like loving everybody all the time and being nice, right? Well, dogs already know how to do that, so they don't have to stay as long.
So with that being said we should always try to...
Live simply.
Love generously.
Care deeply.
& Speak kindly.
Remember, if a dog was the teacher you would learn things like:
When loved ones come home, always run to greet them.
Never pass up the opportunity to go for a joyride.
Allow the experience of fresh air and the wind in your face to be pure ecstasy.
Take naps.
Stretch before rising.
Run, romp, and play daily.
Thrive on attention and let people touch you.
Avoid biting when a simple growl will do.
On warm days, stop to lie on your back on the grass.
On hot days, drink lots of water and lie under a shady tree.
When you're happy, dance around and wag your entire body.
Delight in the simple joy of a long walk.
Be loyal.
Never pretend to be something you're not.
If what you want lies buried, dig until you find it.
When someone is having a bad day, be silent, sit close by, and nuzzle them gently.
So with all that said, my goal for life it to try to be the person my dog thinks I am. If everyone did that, then I really believe that this world would be a much better place.

7 comments:
We are so sorry you guys! We wish you the best. Hang in there. If you need anything please call.
Cute little Maggie will be missed by all of us. Thank goodness for fond memories that can get you through the tough times of letting go. We love you, and pray with you as you mourn your loss.
I have a tear in my eye
reading your loving tribute to Maggie. She was truly a kind, loving and happy go lucky person(Dog). it is so true what you wrote about us "humans", supposedly the most advanced of all God's creations, needing more time on this earth to get the most important things right. Where as a dog is born with all the attributes we as people can only strive a lifetime to obtain.
You have taught us well, We will miss you "Maggie Moo"! Let us all remember how you lived and do likewise.
I am so sorry!! This post brought tears to my eyes! I can't even imagine having to put Diesel down that would break my heart!! Let me know if there is anything that I can do for you!
Oh sweet Kindra - I'm so very sad for you! I was keeping my fingers crossed that she would be okay every time I read the updates about her. Your little post has me crying and my heart is breaking for you guys. We will be keeping you and your family in our thoughts and prayers!
Kindra, I am so sorry about Maggie. Please let me know what I can do for you!
That's so sad. We are sorry for your loss.
Post a Comment